How to Apply
- If you are applying as an exchange student, then you first need to be nominated by your university. If you are an independent student go to APPLY NOW to check the application process.
Once you send the Application for Admission, an International Student Advisor (ISA) will contact you to start your placement process. This process may take a couple of weeks and may require constant communication between you and the ISA.
During this process, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or staff member from the home university.
- Updated resume in English or Spanish depending on the language in which you want to do your project.
- Official transcript with a grade point average of 2.9 in the USAscale (80 in the Mexican system).
- Letter of intention explaining the reasons why you would like to participate on a research project in Mexico.
Once you complete these steps, a Research Project Advisor will evaluate your profile and contact you to start your placement.
Research Project Placement
You will receive information about different projects that fit your profile and interests. Also, interviews with project managers may be required before making an offer.
Keep in mind that this process may take several weeks and that the final placement decision will be made by the department where the project takes place.
*Important: Receiving admission to Tec de Monterrey is different than applying for a research project. You will follow a separate evaluation process to be considered for a project.
** Not having an advanced level of Spanish is not a limitation to participate in the program; however, have in mind that, because of their nature, some projects may require an intermediate or advance level of Spanish, therefore limiting your placement options.
Campus that offer this program: