COURSE BEGINS JULY 6TH 2020.During the program students will be challenged to redesign and test an unmanned aircraft. They will also report a business opportunity idea for a prospective home country firm to participate in the Mexican aeronautic cluster.
Conferences with experts
4 SPEND / WEEKS
TRAVELING AROUND MEXICO
From July 6th to July 31st
IsummerMx is a program designed for international students interested in acquiring the basic knowledge and skills to venture as young professionals in the aeronautic industry field. Who like traveling and working multicultural environments.
During their program students will live in three vibrant cities. The colonial city of Queretaro, the industrialized Chihuahua and Mexico City. These cities stand out as examples of growth, foreign investment and job creation, especially in the aeronautic industry.
Students will make everlasting memories exercising their intellectual curiosity and developing entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership skills. They will learn about the aeronautical industrial ecosystem, key technological trends, and the relevance of this Mexican industry in the international setting.
The Querétaro campus is the fourth largest in the country with more than 7000 students, 55 % of which come from other states and more than 400 international students of different nationalities are welcomed every year. Querétaro is located in the heart of México, just a 2-hour drive away from Mexico City. Its great location, modern infrastructure, and excellent diversity of people, food and touristic places makes the state one of the best destinations to visit. Querétaro is one of the safest, innovative, and state-of-the-art sectores in industrial production, education, and technology.
The campus opened its doors in 1976. Being the largest state of Mexico and located in the North area of the country, the magnificent scenery and unique combination of mountains, canyons, deserts and fresh clean air gives a spectacular experience from its uniqueness, especially while seen its beautiful waterfalls and canyons. Chihuahua's international presence has grown from its collaboration and work in the aerospace and automotive fields; being one of the most important Aerospace clusters in Mexico with more than 40 global companies involved.
Sometimes know as Tec CEM, is one of the largest in the Tecnológico de Monterrey System. Offers a privileged location near all major Mexico City attractions, manufacturing clusters and sights that range from the breathtaking Teotihuacan pyramids to the amazing buildings of the nearby Reforma area. The campus engineering faculty is strongly related to the industry. CEM has services and facilities that include top-notch classrooms and a Technology Center that combines business, state-of-the-art laboratories and learning spaces.
COURSESStudents will learn and advance their skills taking two courses.
|Credits per class||3 credits||5 ECTS||8 Tec Units|
|Credit load||6 credits (two courses)||10 ECTS||16 Tec Units|
1. M2004 Aeronautics Fundamentals Once the course is finished the student will understand and will be able to explain the aerodynamic principles and flight mechanics. He will know meteorology concepts, aerial navigation, air traffic control and telecommunications; as well as the practical principles to carry out a flight.
(Taught in English)
2. M3041 Aeronautical Engineering Project I By the end of the course, the student should be able to identify the design parameters and requirements that best satisfy the constraints of a multidisciplinary project. A project that integrates knowledge in the aereas of mechanics, electronics, control and computing, with the goal of finding an optimal solution applied to the aeronautical domain.
(Taught in English)
FEES AND TUITION
$3600 USD for independent students.
and $1600 USD for exchange* students.
*Nominated by partner institution.
May 8th 2020
May 15th 2020
This program includes:
- Full transportation from Monday to Sunday, for all activities in the program, and between cities.
- Breakfast from 6 days per week.
- Tickets for all places and events in the program.
- Project and academic materials.
- Student Kit.
|WEEK 1 JULY 6TH - 10TH||CAMPUS QUERETARO|
|WEEK 2 JULY 13TH - 17TH||CAMPUS CHIHUAHUA|
|WEEK 3 JULY 20TH - 24TH||CAMPUS STATE OF MEXICO|
|WEEK 4 JULY 27TH - 31ST||CAMPUS QUERETARO|